Dear Guernsey Breeders,
The database is now up on guernseygoats.org/guernsey-pedigree-database. All users will need to create a user name and password in order to access the pedigrees.
We would appreciate you looking at your own animals and checking for errors. There is still some missing information. We don’t have right ear tattoo information for most of the goats, and we also need the number of bucks and does in each birth. Feel free to ask questions if there are things in the database you don’t understand.
As part of the database effort, we’d like to include photos of as many listed goats as possible. If you have pictures of one or more of your listed goats, please send them my way and we’ll get them uploaded to the database.
Here are the details:
- One photo of each listed goat only
- Include the goat’s full name as part of the photo’s file name
- Color photos only
- Candid photos are fine, but a side view is best if you have one
- Resize photos to no larger than 300 pixels wide (if you need help with this, let me know)
- If you have pictures already on the internet somewhere that we can use, just let me know
- Send photos via email to me (firstname.lastname@example.org), or if you prefer to share them via Dropbox, send me your email address and I can share my Dropbox folder with you.
Chair, Database Committee